Enrolling your child at SPCCC
If you’re considering enrolling your child at SPCCC, we invite you to first take a tour of the centre to find out more about what we offer. As there is often a waitlist, particularly for nursery, we encourage you to start the process early.
Contact us to arrange a time to visit and meet with our director and room educators.
We offer full and part-time care for $85 per child, per day or $425 per child, per week. There is a $25 waitlist fee that’s non-refundable.
You may also be eligible for the Australian Government’s Child Care Subsidy or Additional Childcare Subsidy.
We cater for 8 babies aged between 6 months and 2 years in the nursery room, 18 children aged between 2 years and 3 years in the toddler’s side and 33 children aged between 3 years to 5 years in the big side room.
Like all childcare services in Australia, we are governed by the National Quality Standard which sets a high national benchmark for early childhood education and care.
Our learning programs
Our programs are based on the Early Years Learning Framework, which was developed by the Australian Government to support and enhance young children’s learning. These contain many learning experiences that you will be able to view throughout the orientation process. We like to involve the community in our practise as much as possible, in which has us visiting many places all year around. We are a multicultural centre and ask all families to share their family traditions and experiences.
Some of the activities your child may participate in include:
- Visits from Bunnings to talk about gardening, food production and worm farms
- Orientation excursions to Stuart Park Preschool so that older children and their parents can begin to build relationships with future teachers and their environment
- Woolworths excursions where children are educated about healthy eating
- Burning circus workshop excursion
- Excursions to Parap Road Safety Centre where children are taught safety lessons of riding safely around roads and how to perform a bike check
- Darwin city library excursions
- Darwin Museum excursions
- Visits from Healthy Harold to talk about healthy living
- Visits from Crocosaurus Cove staff to educate children about native Australian animals
Our 2020 Child Care Assessment
Communicating with our parents
Our educators are trialling the use of an app to communicate your child’s learning and daily activities with you. The app is a private online platform where families and educators can share photos, videos, stories, notes and responses. This will help you be part of your child’s day no matter where you are.
Once you’ve enrolled your child at SPCCC, we’ll invite you to join a closed Facebook group. We use this group to update you on what’s happening, issue reminders and share good news. The group is secure – we only grant access by invite and we only allow access to parents of currently enrolled children. When your child is no longer at SPCCC, you’ll be removed from the group.